The Department of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) serves Sonoma State University by promoting health and safety, environmental protection and regulatory compliance. We are committed to developing a culture where safety and health are core values, practiced throughout the University in support of the University’s mission of instruction, diversity and service.
EHS is dedicated to reducing injuries, environmental impact, and ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory and permit conditions. To achieve this mission, EHS must:
- Be effective advocates for the University community
- Pursue prevention and resolution of unsafe conditions
- Respond to the changing needs of the University community with flexibility and collaboration with key stakeholders
- Act as stewards for environmental quality
- Live the example of safety consciousness, risk mitigation and waste minimization
- Function as a team comprised of professionals with expertise, recognized as approachable and customer driven