The goal of Department of Environmental Health and Safety is to build a culture of safety by providing resources to making safety an integral part of the laboratory curriculum in teaching and research laboratories on campus. The campus Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP) can be the laboratory safety plan for your area; outlining laboratory work practices and procedures which are necessary to ensure that members of the university community are protected from health hazards associated with the chemicals they work with. Campus departments that use hazardous chemicals are required to adhere to the CHP.
This page contains information and resources for all lab personnel on campus.
- Custodial Services in Laboratories
- Laboratory Inspections
- Laboratory PPE Guide
- Project Hazard Analysis and SOP's
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory
For more information on other related programs:
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- CSU Safety, Risk and Safety Solutions (RSS)
- Eye Wash and Safety Shower Program
- Hazard Communication Program
- Hazardous Waste
- MSDS Online
Lab Safety Training Resources
- Cornell University Laboratory Safety Videos - includes short videos on biosafety, chemical safety, waste management, etc.
- Safety Video Library at UCSD - a number of excellent laboratory safety videos.
- Chemical Fume Hood Safety: Good Work Practices and How Airflow is Affected - Short training videos on Fume Hood safety and operation.
- How to Use an Emergency Eyewash - Short video on how to use an emergency eyewash station (from UC Berkeley EH&S)